FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @Magic_PR
MEDIA-ONLY TWITTER (for updated media availabilities, schedules, etc.): @Magic_MediaInfo
FOR PRACTICES/SHOOTAROUNDS: MEDIA SHOULD PARK AT GEICO GARAGE AND ENTER THROUGH THE SECURITY/EMPLOYEE ENTRANCE, LOCATED AT THE CORNER OF HUGHEY AVENUE AND SOUTH STREET
THURSDAY, APR. 25: Exit interviews at Amway Center (NBA Interview Room), media at approx. 9 a.m.
For information regarding media credentials for the 2019-20 season, please see the information below.
Single-game media credentials can be reserved by accredited media members by calling the Communications Department at least 24 hours before a game (no exceptions) at (407) 916-2532, emailing MagicCredentials@OrlandoMagic.com or faxing your request on your organization’s letterhead to (407) 916-2830.
Media members with season passes are still required to reserve seating at all games by calling or emailing the Communications Department by the deadlines mentioned above. Credentials will allow working media members entry into the arena, while also providing reserved media seating and access to both team locker rooms and the media workroom. In all cases, credentials are non-transferable and any unauthorized use will subject the bearer to ejection from the arena and forfeiture of the credential. All single-game credentials may be picked up on gamenights at the media entrance of Amway Center, located at the southwest corner of the building (South Street, event level).
For more information, please click on the MEDIA INFO tab above.
This memo is intended to provide you with an overview of the Orlando Magic’s Local Television Courtside Video Pool and define the process created to allow local television outlets the ability to obtain access to comparable game highlight footage for news coverage purposes. We created this approach a few seasons ago in consultation with the NBA and local television representatives with an aim towards providing access to compelling low-angle game footage for local television outlets use in newscasts and locally produced sports programming in accordance with NBA rules. We feel the process worked efficiently and effectively.
1. One local station pool videographer will be designated to produce a pool feed of low-angle game highlights for participating local station newscasts. Additional local television camera spots will be provided by the Orlando Magic Communications Department on a case-by-case basis based on floor space availability in accordance with the new NBA rules which have limited positions due to player safety concerns.
2. Local stations participating in the Local Television Courtside Video Pool will be granted access to the pool feed for use in accordance with NBA rules, including the terms and conditions set forth on the back of your media credential and the 2018-19 NBA Video and Audio Highlights License.
3. The Magic will continue to permit local stations to shoot courtside during the pre-game until 20 minutes prior to tip-off. In addition, subject to logistical issues (e.g., the necessity of clearing local crews from the court, etc.), and upon the prior approval of the Magic, under certain circumstances local stations may be granted permission to shoot from the court during halftime in order to cover special halftime activities of particular significance. Local station video crews may not shoot game action from a photo deck (or any other location) inside the arena.
4. Practices, locker rooms and pre- and post-game periods will be open to the media in accordance with NBA rules. Local stations will be permitted on the court to shoot stand-ups once players and coaches have cleared the court after practices. As always, any use of practice footage will be subject to NBA rules, including the NBA’s Online Media Policy.
5. Video shot when the court is not closed to non-pool videographers will not be subject to pool sharing.
Local TV stations will work amongst themselves to:
* Determine a rotation of personnel to serve as the pool videographer.
* Communicate to the designated videographer any specific video needs.
* Determine the best way to share the video.
ALL SUCH ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE MAGIC’S APPROVAL.
Pool Coordinator: Dave Sirak (WFTV-TV 9) – firstname.lastname@example.org, (407) 448-3473